Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daniel's choice. Daniel 1

SCRIPTURE
Daniel 1:8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.

OBSERVATION
I can't even imagine the courage that Daniel would have had to even ask the chief official to change their food. It wasn't like the chief official was one of his mates that had invited him over for dinner. This was the chief official of the king. Daniel had an unswerving conviction that was he was to ask was of God.

APPLICATION
I am recognising in myself (and in others) more and more that my convictions of the cross are being persuaded by the culture I live in, by the views of the media and by the passionate arguments of others. Instead my convictions should be on that of Jesus Christ, on what he has called me to and what he has asked of me. In the big and seemingly little things (like Daniel's choice of food), what God asks of us isn't as important as the obedience he calls us to. I am so challenged by the faithfulness of Daniel.

PRAYER
Lord, I pray you would increase my convictions of you and my passion and ability to obey you in all that I do and say. Lord I pray I would know you more and love you more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment